• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

rubber conditioner (1 Viewer)

Do any of the above remove gray haze sometimes found on older rubberized binocular bodies?
I've had some success with 'Back to Black' (Meguiar’s?), but one set of Leica BNs is being stubborn.
If I remember correctly, the Leicas' cover is not made of rubber but polyurethane or something like that. Very resistant though.

A weak solution of an eco detergent for Paramo clothing. Cleans the rubber armouring on my various pairs of binoculars but doesn't give the shine and lustre on certain models as before.
I wonder what msharif, who sells a lot of second hand high end binoculars on eBay, uses on his bins. They are shiny. Lemon pledge? I'll have to sniff it if I buy one. :)

This topic is interesting to me because the rubber armor of my Nikon Monarch 7 8x30 is loosened in one barrel. Have you guys used any of mentioned products on Nikon Monarchs and got a good result? I highly appreciate it if anyone of you suggests me a solution.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back