• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sheepwash urban park (1 Viewer)

Thanks to everyone for help to find bird and site.......a quick upload of the Grebe......

Attachments

• _MG_0592.JPG
    _MG_0592.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 30.JPG
    30.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 32.JPG
    32.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Almost as rare as the grebe, a Partridge species was on the Rattlechain tip this morning (we have had both species in the past), a Kingfisher flew along the river on the Sheepwash side.

Some more of the birds from today........One of the Oystercatchers seems to be struggling along on one leg.....

Attachments

• 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 3
  • 37.JPG
    37.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 39.JPG
    39.JPG
    985.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 40.JPG
    40.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 41.JPG
    41.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 42.JPG
    42.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 4
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    412.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 45.JPG
    45.JPG
    575.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 46.JPG
    46.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 3
On Google Earth it looks like there's a fence at the end of Macdonald close; the best access starts at the junction mentioned in the previous post, at John's Lane/Temple Way.
I see where the junction is, so you go up the right hand fork, does that track lead all the way around the lagoon clockwise ?

I see where the junction is, so you go up the right hand fork, does that track lead all the way around the lagoon clockwise ?
Yes it does - i cycled over yesterday and not having to park a car means i can view from the factory side then along and up onto the canal and view the shoreline for waders from above. I then moved along and dropped down to the John’s Lane tunnel to circuit Sheepwash which although quiet held some singing Warblers and 3 Little Egrets. Of note is that there is another nearer tunnel at the end of the track on the left but it is usually 1-2” deep in water along several sections so wellies are advised. If you are parked on the Sheepwash side and have suitable footwear this tunnel is a good option.

Good birding -

Laurie -

Yes it does - i cycled over yesterday and not having to park a car means i can view from the factory side then along and up onto the canal and view the shoreline for waders from above. I then moved along and dropped down to the John’s Lane tunnel to circuit Sheepwash which although quiet held some singing Warblers and 3 Little Egrets. Of note is that there is another nearer tunnel at the end of the track on the left but it is usually 1-2” deep in water along several sections so wellies are advised. If you are parked on the Sheepwash side and have suitable footwear this tunnel is a good option.

Good birding -

Laurie -
Hi Laurie, thank you for the info, never even seen Rattlechain, will pop over in the week and have a look, been to Sheepwash a few times always thought the site had great potential but unfortunately always had that menace of flytipping and local yobs loitering, will post anything of interest on the forum.
Cheers
Graham

Egret over Sheepwash Today been here for a few days now. Not a very good photo but had dog with me

Attachments

• Egret.jpeg
    Egret.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Kingfishers still showing also egret. Had to rescue a young swan it had got head and wing stuck in some tree roots while trying to get bread crumbs of bank. Could not see any real damage as it swam away. Just glad i found it do not know how long it was stuck

Good deed for the day - nice to see a post from the place. I haven't been down for yonks but will summon up the enthusiasm over the Winter.....

Good birding -

Laurie -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back