• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some French Mysteries (3 Viewers)

rosbifs is correct for the merganser and the common gull - yes, she did look small and as I picked her up with her back to me on the river, I really was hoping smew, but alas! RB Merganser is still a rare bird here.

As for the duck with the gadwall and coot, there may be a mallard there (there certainly were mallards next to them). The two on the right are the same species, and the species we're looking for.

ok as the common ones have gone I going to stab at Ferruginous Duck (saw one yesterday!) - I think I see a hint of a white bottom.

My Mallard was the dabbler in the background...

I do apologise - that'll teach me to do a quiz while drinking! Hairy Highlander was correct with Wigeon. Whoops!

You all have as many points as you like!

One of the problems of living in France. Tucked into a couple of bottles of Haut Medoc 1999 Cru Bourgeus (however spelt) last night ummm....

One of the problems of living in France. Tucked into a couple of bottles of Haut Medoc 1999 Cru Bourgeus (however spelt) last night ummm....

Not sure I agree with the word 'problem'! ;)

I was actually on Heineken, for a change! Too much wine this last week.

perhaps the easiest round ever!

Attachments

• quiz jan 11.jpg
    quiz jan 11.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 61
  • quiz 2.jpg
    quiz 2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 59
  • quiz 3.jpg
    quiz 3.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 47
  • quiz 4.jpg
    quiz 4.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 52
  • quiz 5.jpg
    quiz 5.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 54
quiz time again! Had a good day's birding today.

Attachments

• quiz.jpg
    quiz.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 63
  • quiz 2.jpg
    quiz 2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back