• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some French Mysteries (3 Viewers)

yes for lapwing, ruff, shoveler and bh gull - not to green, yes to grey-headed, though it was feeding on the ground right next to a green - as you can see on my facebook page.

been out again today - beautiful day, so here are two new photos for you to guess. (First is from last week - not a beautiful day!)

Attachments

• quiz osselle.jpg
    quiz osselle.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 62
  • abbans dessus et osselle 016.jpg
    abbans dessus et osselle 016.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 62
The 'Kestrel' does appear to have quite a short tail, so I'll go for Goshawk and Merlin.

quite right to do so! The goshawk was seen just before I was about to leave, defeated by the rain and fed up of sitting in the car. The merlin (at the same place) was also lucky. I'd seen a small raptor dive behind a pile of gravel chased by yellow wagtails, I immediately thought merlin, but had to accept it as unidentifiable. I waited for ages for it to show, I refound her half an hour later sitting on a tree, first time I've seen one perched.

none all right yet - I take it we're certain of the lapwing, one has been identified correctly, the other two are still up for grabs! (There were 3 stilts that arrived here after I'd gone :-(

Ok well i'm sticking to my guns on the blue headed wagtail but how about little ringed plover and a dunlin for the others?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back