• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony Alpha? (2 Viewers)

Leif said:
You can reach that conclusion from such a small image?

errr yes - I looked at it and could see the fine detail in the feathers... not quite sure why you needed to make comment about my comment...

Anyway here's one of my better ISO1600 shots (with a 350D) both full and a 100% crop, it's not quite sharp, but then shooting a firecrest wide open at 1/125th I was happy with the level of detail recorded and the noise.

(I'm not using this to make any comment about the noise of any other camera at ISO1600, just providing a Canon example with 100% crop as requested).

Attachments

• firecrest190106d-full.jpg
    firecrest190106d-full.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 85
  • firecrest190106d-crop.jpg
    firecrest190106d-crop.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 101
postcardcv said:
errr yes - I looked at it and could see the fine detail in the feathers... not quite sure why you needed to make comment about my comment...

Anyway here's one of my better ISO1600 shots (with a 350D) both full and a 100% crop, it's not quite sharp, but then shooting a firecrest wide open at 1/125th I was happy with the level of detail recorded and the noise.

(I'm not using this to make any comment about the noise of any other camera at ISO1600, just providing a Canon example with 100% crop as requested).

Bah,

You've only posted this to rub my nose in it after seeing my Firecrest shot ;) ;)

Apologies, thats even more off thread.

Thanks for the bracketed comment, I couldn't be bothered.

paul goode said:
Regarding my image.

Its a BIRD (Robin to be precise), relevant to BIRDforum.

Congratulations on your bird knowledge.

Do you even own a D200? Or do you know nothing about it and you are just parroting what you have read in one review? :C

leif said:
But it's far too small to tell us anything of relevance to the discussion. Most pictures look good at that size.

Do you even own a D200? Or do you know nothing about it and you are just parroting what you have read in one review?

I don't think the image is too small to be relevant, if the shot had lacked detail it would have been clear even at that size... I'd wager a 100% crop would have shown just how good it was.

As for the D200 I think I'm correct in saying that Paul did not mention this camera at all, so I'm unsure why you're asking if he owns one? In fact you're the only person who has mentioned that camera on this thread in the last two days.

Leif said:
Congratulations on your bird knowledge.

Do you even own a D200? Or do you know nothing about it and you are just parroting what you have read in one review? :C

OK I'm baffled, where in my post did I mention the d200. To be blunt I don't give a damn what camera people use. The point of my post was to keep things relevant to Bird photography and the challenges associated with it.

If any review had occurred to me it was Amateur Photographer's review of the Fuji S5 and quote 'Fujifilm has introduced a new two stage noise reduction system. Hopefully this isn't as aggressive as the system in some of the company's compact cameras.'

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back