• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

St James’s Park (1 Viewer)

Hobby

Italy
Hello everyone,
I walked through St. James’s yesterday and admired all the wildfowl. It's tricky to tell apart what is wild from what is not, though. What about the very confident greylag geese? There was a confident shelduck, too. While a bit less confident, Hooded Merganser must have been human-introduced. Or they all are?
I found not ideal that the nice tables for identifying the birds do not give information on this point. People may suppose that they are all native wild birds.
Thanks to anyone wants to clarify for me.

There was a discussion here...

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that the topic was already covered. I should have guessed. Still, I'm curious about the greylag geese in particular.

There are some wild species, besides gulls, herons, moorhens, coot. I assume some little and crested grebes, tufted ducks, and wigeons I saw were wild

There are some wild species, besides gulls, herons, moorhens, coot. I assume some little and crested grebes, tufted ducks, and wigeons I saw were wild
Indeed. The odd interesting or rarer bird also can turn up in the London Parks. I remember seeing a Greater Scaup a few winters ago.

But anything that could be rare and interesting coming to bread gets trickier perhaps - even wild birds like an easy meal sometimes ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back