• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Starling Roost sites in the UK (1 Viewer)

Hello all, especially those in the UK
I have had a break from a lot of social media but now the Starling Season is back I am concentrating on the website and map again.

As we approach winter the Starlings start to gather and people across the country start to look for them at their roost sites to watch their murmurations.

A few years ago my wife and I started a facebook group and a single website page logging the Starling roost locations near us so our friends could go and see them. This then turned in to a bigger website complete with a 'Murmuration Map where we sit and log the roost sites each winter.

It was ticking along nicely until the RSPB and BBC 'Autumnwatch' linked it on their websites too and now the map has had over 3/4 a million views.

If any of you in the UK know of any Starling Roost sites that are now active, please let us know so we can log them or make them 'active' on our map.

There is a Submit Information on the website and any help will be gratefully received. Thank you

The website 'MAY' include a Worldwide location page soon too.......

Starlings Murmurations UK | Starling Roost Sites

I'm just wondering if my resident starlings have had an early brood this year, as I can hear the young chicks in their nest in the rafter.

I'm just wondering if my resident starlings have had an early brood this year, as I can hear the young chicks in their nest in the rafter.
I have no idea of timing of the breeding season. I suppose if it’s warm enough where you live it’s possible. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back