• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strange Sunflower Hearts (1 Viewer)

Irojoota

United Kingdom
I have recently bought some sunflower hearts from my local store. I thought they looked a little larger and paler in colour than normal. These have been totally ignored by all birds and squirrels, even magpies and crows won't touch them. I have been using the store for years without issue so don't want to make any sort of complaint. A variety of birds are eating the mixed seed without any problems.
Anybody any ideas?
Thanks
Clive

No idea, but as you have used the store for years, you should complain. They might have had a dud delivery from their supplier. A decent store would want to know if thereโ€™s a problem and be given the chance to make amends.

I have recently bought some sunflower hearts from my local store. I thought they looked a little larger and paler in colour than normal. These have been totally ignored by all birds and squirrels, even magpies and crows won't touch them. I have been using the store for years without issue so don't want to make any sort of complaint. A variety of birds are eating the mixed seed without any problems.
Anybody any ideas?
Thanks
Clive
These might be safflower seeds rather than sunflower seeds ?

I think you may well be right, I've looked at pictures and yes they look the same, but even so we have pigeons jackdaws and magpies just not interested. I mentioned it at the shop but they said they had not received any complaints. I'll just be more careful in future.
Thanks for your imterest
Clive

I bought some of these to try something different, no interest at all, even when I left them out separately for pigeons and magpies :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back