• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunflower Hearts (1 Viewer)

KCFoggin said:
Hi Mark. I noticed that this is your first post so I would like to welcome you to BirdForum from those of us on staff here. Enjoy!

Thanks :), these forums are amazing. They are full of all sorts of usefull information.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Evans said:
I get my sunflower hearts and other Bird foods from this web site http://www.wildbirdfeeds.com there sunflower hearts work out at 25.98 delivered to your door and i recieved mine the next day. They have alot of other products aswell which range from feeders to nest boxes of all varieties, have a look...

www.wildbirdfeeds.com

Regards,
Mark

They have sunflower hearts only in 20kg bags, so when worked out in 22kg bags thats a true cost of £28.58 per sack. I buy two sacks from www.wildbirdfood.uk.com and pay £26.12 and thats with delivery.

Phil

I just had a bit of a nasty shock when I went to buy a 50lb sack of Sunflower hearts from my usual farm/pet store. They have gone up by £4. This only lasts me about three weeks, so I may have to cut down a bit, it's costing me a small fortune! Has anyone else had this price rise? I checked at another supplier and their's has gone up too by £3.20 but I would easily spend the extra 80p on the travelling.

Seems to me that now we are all encouraged to feed the birds and because more are doing so, companies see it as a way of making even more profits it has become big business. Every time a particular product becomes the choice one for us, the price goes up. I started feeding sunflower hearts about 12 months ago and every time I have had an order since then the price has gone up. I check all the companies prices on the web before placing an order for hearts and they are now all about the same.

We will all be taking out bank loans soon or re-mortgaging our houses.

The birds come first here and always will, seeing 20/30 Goldfinches on the sunflower hearts during all that wet weather was a wonderful sight (wondered if their natural food supply was ruined).

Ann Chaplin

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back