• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8.5x42 sand (1 Viewer)

Jerry S

United Kingdom
I have seen these advertised in the sand colour? Is this a typo or have they been released in this colour also ?

What I know the Sand Colours was only in the past for the smaller 8x32 EL available. The new 8,5x42EL is only in green available.

The 8x32 and 10x32 ELs came in Sand as 'Traveller' editions (I've got the 10s in that colour) but I'm not aware of any 42mm models.

The 8x32 and 10x32 ELs came in Sand as 'Traveller' editions (I've got the 10s in that colour) but I'm not aware of any 42mm models.

Yes a friend also has a late pre FP 10x32 in sand /"Traveller". The original CL 8x and 10x30 also came in sand color. Really nice looking. Never seen or heard of a 42 in sand.

Mike

Hi Jerry,

As others have indicated, both the original EL and later EL SV x32’s have been offered in the 'sand' colouring as part of the regular offerings,
along with the original CL x30 and the original CL x25.

I’ve not seen any mention of an EL SV x42 version, but this doesn’t mean there hasn’t been a limited run
e.g. there was a red and black version of the original CL x25 for the 2019 Chinese New Year; and 15 lime green EL SV 8.5x42’s for a fashion label
see post #5 at: Thoughts ? on Binocular Colors

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back