• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski DCB advice please (1 Viewer)

I have attached the DCB to my ATS 80 scope as illustrated on the accompanying instruction sheet, but find that when the DCB's locking lever is used to secure it to the scope, it is tightening around the 20-60x eyepiece making it difficult to zoom in and out. Has anyone else experienced this and have you managed to solve it?

Thanks
Glen

Glen I have been using the DCB on my ATS 80 with the 20X-60X eyepiece for a couple of years now without any difficulty in focussing the lens. Can I remind you to take the cord holding the rubber lens protector from its fitment as its easy to forget. It can get trapped between the lens and the DCB. Also check you have the DCB on squarely. Theres very little room between the zoom lens and the DCB. DAS

DAS said:
Glen I have been using the DCB on my ATS 80 with the 20X-60X eyepiece for a couple of years now without any difficulty in focussing the lens. Can I remind you to take the cord holding the rubber lens protector from its fitment as its easy to forget. It can get trapped between the lens and the DCB. Also check you have the DCB on squarely. Theres very little room between the zoom lens and the DCB. DAS

DAS is correct about the eyepiece cord this should ideally be removed. I would ask you Glen did you first remove the eyepiece rubber before fitting the DCB? The beauty of the DCB is that you RETAIN use of the the zoom. One more thing make sure that the DCB is aligned up properly with the bayonet release of the eyepiece.

Good Luck

Dcb

Dean, I currently use a Canon A40 but am looking at a Fuji F30 or Sony N1 or N2 to replace it. The Canon A40 is a great camera, however its only a 2mp camera and the screen is too small for my old eyes. Also 2mp limits severely the amount of enlarging that can be achieved on a shot. I also have a Canon G6 but this I do not recommend for digiscoping. The experts recommend a camera with a maximum of 3X optical zoom with a lens zoom range (35mm equiv.) of around 35 to 114mm. approx. Another important point, to me anyway is a large screen 2.5in or 3in with good definition ie with a large pixel count of around 230k. Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back