• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Ultralites 8x42 - Any value? (2 Viewers)

dougan

I have a pair I purchased new in the 1990's, they are in excellent condition complete with original case and neck strap.
Is there any demand for these?

The 8x42 ultra-lite seems to be the most common on the second hand market of all the ultralights. Outside of the smaller FOV 6.5*, the eye relief is good as is the view (full multicoating. The stock fold down eyecups can be a bugger when it comes to folding them down (either from the aging of the rubber or colder weather). Reasonably light ( a bit too much plastic) and a decent focuser. I bought a two of them for 90 dollar US about 3 years ago. Now loaners or car binos. I believe whoever made them also made the Celestron Ultima brand (not the current ones), possibly Mirador? Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back