• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 10x32 T FL (1 Viewer)

Ian Shepherd

I have recently inherited a 10x32 T FL 3230997. As new condition in cordura case. Any way to find date of production from its number? Am I right in thinking that the “T” means it’s from the latter end of the production run? What would a reasonable resale value be in these SF/SFL days? I use SF 8x42 and doubt I’ll ever need any other glass.IMG_1011.jpeg

Hi Ian, they look to be in wonderful condition, and are a really nice bin.
To check if it is a later run see if there is a horizontal bracket sign over the specification plate on the underside of the bridge. You could also contact Zeiss directly to find out the year of production.
A like new pair with case but no box would likely be worth £750 - £950 for resale.
Hope this helps.

Hi Ian, they look to be in wonderful condition, and are a really nice bin.
To check if it is a later run see if there is a horizontal bracket sign over the specification plate on the underside of the bridge. You could also contact Zeiss directly to find out the year of production.
A like new pair with case but no box would likely be worth £750 - £950 for resale.
Hope this helps.
Many thanks for the reply,certainly helpful. There is a ‘horizontal bracket’ over the “32” on the spec plate, so later in the production run. Certainly a quality glass, bright and sharp, but I prefer 8X and I’m content with my SFs, so I’ll likely move these 10x32s on.

On the hinge markings, is there a little "umbrella" symbol over the 32, symbolizing LotuTek coatings?
It's an important feature regarding pricing.

This is an outstanding binocular with a wide field of view for 10x. You might consider using it a bit to see what you think of it before letting it go.

I have recently inherited a 10x32 T FL 3230997. As new condition in cordura case. Any way to find date of production from its number? Am I right in thinking that the “T” means it’s from the latter end of the production run? What would a reasonable resale value be in these SF/SFL days? I use SF 8x42 and doubt I’ll ever need any other glass.View attachment 1549793
Your FL 10x32 has Lotutec coatings, which is good, but it is not a late production example. The SN of my FL 10x32, bought new in 2020, is 4919xxx and is likely one of the latest 10x32 FL made by Zeiss before discontinuing the line. The FL 10x32 is an excellent bino, still one of the best 10x32s out there, and should be a good complement to your 8x42 in open spaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back