• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'The Big Three': NL Pure, Noctivid, Victory SF - A Brief Comparison (1 Viewer)

Those who mockEd you, should themselves be mocked in turn.

You need to look for a club with a better and smarter class of member.
Thanks guys - it wasn't that bad - some of the people were a bit disgruntled and not interested in viewing amphibians.

This was a 3-4 hour walk in a local reserve. It's 10 minutes from my front door, but some of the people had traveled an hour or two with hopes of knocking a few rare birds off their lists, so they were pretty frustrated by the end of the day, it was very slow for birds.

I think it's because we had a rare period of cool weather in early summer and it reduced the amount of insects. Normally we're under attack by clouds of mosquitoes the whole time, on this day there weren't any, I have to think that's why the birds were taking the day off. I think the temp had gone in the 50's F overnight and the insects didn't hatch out.

I was somewhat ridiculed on a recent club bird outing for getting excited about a big frog I spotted in the woods! It was a slow day for birds so my binoculars wandered off in search of something else. He was huge and beautiful, kind of beige with green highlights around his jawline. For me, it was just as good as a bird sighting. I think I'll keep those thoughts to myself next time though :)
Next time you are out with them, tell them you spotted a gray adder nearby.

Scat tracking is a whole hobby unto itself! It is interesting. On my dog walks the coyote scat stands out for the fur in it. If it's bigger I know the animal has more wolf in it - if it's the same size as my german shepherds I figure the wolf percentage is getting up over 50%. (the coyotes here have hybridized with wolves and wolves are coming down from Canada into this area as well)

The choice could come down to colour preference, both exterior and view in use.

Zeiss - blue logo, greenish yellow image
Leica - red logo, pinkish image
Swaro - green exterior, blueish magenta image.
That may partially explain my strong preferences for Leica, though I actually tend not to notice so much unless doing side by side usage. My Curio just seems right, unless I just finished looking through and Ultravid, in which case it's then noticeably greenish to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back