• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'The Big Three': NL Pure, Noctivid, Victory SF - A Brief Comparison (1 Viewer)

My latest UV (June 22) has a different rubber material from those produced earlier. It looks the same but has significantly more 'stiction', which I think is an improvement in use. Not sure if the new rubber will be as good as the old rubber in 15+ years.

Leica has the most durable design of them all, including old Trinovids. They just keep going and going. An example the rest should follow.

Swarovski needs to fix its armor issues or it will lose credibility, it's already on the edge with its self-destructing armor.

My latest UV (June 22) has a different rubber material from those produced earlier. It looks the same but has significantly more 'stiction', which I think is an improvement in use. Not sure if the new rubber will be as good as the old rubber in 15+ years.
I must correct myself here. After 10 months of use the difference in 'stiction' has become less apparent. I guess that's normal. Last year I compared the armour of a brand new pair of binoculars with binoculars I had used for several years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back