• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Bird that always gives you the slip (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Thought this will be interesting which bird always gives you the slip that you go Twitching for?

For me it's The Mandarin Duck, I've never seen one at the beginning of the year reports said it had been spotted at Figgate Park in Portobello I went there stayed for a hour with no luck. Yesterday I heard it had been spotted at Blackford Pond I had seen on Twitter & Facebook people's photo of it so yesterday morning I went there it wasn't ideal weather as it was wet but anyhoo I stayed for a hour and a half with no luck Iam going back today but at the moment that's why it's known as 'The Bird That Got Away' for me one day I will see it.

Last edited:
This is your bogey bird, then. Two more and you can stick them in the thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=332861

Anyway, do you want quality or quantity:

1. Cannop Ponds, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire

2. Moor Green Lakes Nature Reserve, Berkshire

Hope you catch up with one soon.

I recently nailed my bogey (also big tart), Lanceolated Warbler. I haven't worked out what the next problem one is yet!

Cheers

John

Attachments

• 2015_03_14 (2)_Mandarin.JPG
    2015_03_14 (2)_Mandarin.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 7T8A5495.JPG
    7T8A5495.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
Western Tanager

Hello to all from this neck of the woods ;)

Mine is the Western Tanager. I will be gazing out my window and see a bright flash of yellow and then nothing :-C Gone in a instant that little sneaker doodle!

2Q==

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back