• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The birds & wildlife of Gateshead (3 Viewers)

And I said sorry for what I did. Unlike him who took it to whole new levels, Rob on the other hand said some stuff then when people replied to him he ignored all responses? At least I had the guts to say Sorry as, for 'Steven' he was rude and obnoxious to me and some friends including Andrew and birdforum it's better off without these sorts of people. I appreciate what your saying. However my jibe at Steve was not the only reason for his departure.

Secondly this is nothing to with omahd nor you quite frankly.

Fair enough, you see the point I was making, that's all I can ask. Though as a Gateshead birder who enjoyed contributing to the birding and banter of this thread (pre Hawk-gate) I think it has a lot more to do with me than you and a lot of others who got involved in the first instance and just recently. A thread should be able to survive a clash of personalities if they are left to sort it out themselves but somewhere along the line this one seems to have expanded from a local 'handbags' into a nationwide witch-hunt (in which no-one involved is blameless) and I fear it's all gone too far and turned too sour to be able to be 'just about the birds' again for any length of time without the underlying tensions coming to the fore.

Certainly won't be any further contributions from me anyway, and unlike Andrew I will keep to my word.

:flyaway:

Last edited:
No one should Have to choose to leave. It's been a good thread and I've enjoyed reading it. If Andrew wants to put info on, he can. If he wants to point out a mistaken ID he can. If mouldy wants to comment he can. There would have been no problems if people had respected this peoples freedoms and accepted help.

A thread like no other!!

I have never known a thread like this one, for lack of manners, bickering and back-biting.

Could we please go back to the informative, intelligent exchanges which made this this thread so enjoyable to read?

I have never known a thread like this one, for lack of manners, bickering and back-biting.
Unfortunately, all the local threads for this part of the world have had their 'ups and downs' June....

Could we please go back to the informative, intelligent exchanges which made this this thread so enjoyable to read?
As Michael said above, I also agree, but similarly to the old South Tyneside thread, i feel the main contributors and founders of this one may have already 'left the building'. Hopefully i'm wrong but i just don't have a good feeling about it after reading Alan's post yesterday :-C

Hi degsy,
I understand what you mean, however I felt that the discussion should have come to an end, the points had been raised. I think any problem should be resolved an we should go back to the informative thread.
Perhaps I shouldn't have commented.

For goodness sake all I wanted to do was post about a Wood Sandpiper at Lamesley, sorry folks but some have gone on incredibly immature and rather ridiculous.

Please move on and forget about it, I already had!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hello All,

Firstly, I am sorry I havent been around for a few months, I have had a few things that needed my attention.

Secondly, I hope everyone is well and been out doing alot of birding?

I awoke this morning to see this beauty on my shed:

1.jpg

As I say, I hope everyone is well and look forward to getting down to some of the hides again soon.

Regards Stephen

Last post a fortnight ago :eek!:

Seems like this thread has gone the same way as the old South Tyneside thread - down the pan.. The main contributors do seem to have 'disappeared' as i feared in one of my previous posts..

Its a shame as it was a good thread and also a great source of info for us Mon-Fri 9-5ers who only have the weekend to scout the region..

Looks like a favourite location of mine will now go unreported on this forum :-C

Last edited:

Seems like this thread has gone the same way as the old South Tyneside thread - down the pan.. The main contributors do seem to have 'disappeared' as i feared in one of my previous posts..

Its a shame as it was a good thread and also a great source of info for us Mon-Fri 9-5ers who only have the weekend to scout the region..

Looks like a favourite location of mine will now go unreported on this forum :-C

Just go to www.friendsofredkites.org.uk for all the news on the red kite activity, and lots more.
Wonderful views from the Nine Arches Viaduct and also in the Highfield area. Photos of Wing Tag 53 and Wing Tag E8 flying.
Causey Gill (between Sunniside and Beamish) might be a little nearer for you - good views here, too.
Attached one of the Highfield kites.
You can even check the weather with the Gibside widget!

Attachments

• Kite_E8 copy.jpg
    Kite_E8 copy.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 20

Just go to www.friendsofredkites.org.uk for all the news on the red kite activity, and lots more.
Wonderful views from the Nine Arches Viaduct and also in the Highfield area. Photos of Wing Tag 53 and Wing Tag E8 flying.
Causey Gill (between Sunniside and Beamish) might be a little nearer for you - good views here, too.
Attached one of the Highfield kites.
You can even check the weather with the Gibside widget!

Thanks June - i'll bookmark it :t:

Have to agree a good source of information lost also to us north of the river that like to venture into this area.
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back