• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thinking of 7x (3 Viewers)

Get yourself a 2x matching extender from Swarovski for it like I did. It screws solidly in place after removing an eye cup and it doesn't wobble all around like most other slide on extenders do. Then you can hold it steadily in a vertical position with both hands like a telescope and you will get a really, nice clear 14x42 view. Sit in a comfortable deck chair and look for sea birds and such.

Bob

Last edited:
Well, my 7x42 SLC arrived today and I am very,very pleased with it. Thanks again Samandag, very good spot.
Tad on the heavy side compared to the FL, but as I feel comfortable using old WW11 7X50s, I don't mind that, and I use a harness when out carrying them anyway. Very sharp and bright, right to the edge, comfortable to hold and view, the eye cups seem just right for me. It arrived already set at my usual diopter setting of -1. I did not know Swarovski include a snap shot camera adapter as well, nice touch. Will put a photo in my flkr gallery, I need to catch up on that, have 2 or 3 to add. Maybe I will be satisfied for awhile now, although still seeking a nice Hartmann Bernina for my collection

Well, my 7x42 SLC arrived today and I am very,very pleased with it. Thanks again Samandag, very good spot.
Tad on the heavy side compared to the FL, but as I feel comfortable using old WW11 7X50s, I don't mind that, and I use a harness when out carrying them anyway. Very sharp and bright, right to the edge, comfortable to hold and view, the eye cups seem just right for me. It arrived already set at my usual diopter setting of -1. I did not know Swarovski include a snap shot camera adapter as well, nice touch. Will put a photo in my flkr gallery, I need to catch up on that, have 2 or 3 to add. Maybe I will be satisfied for awhile now, although still seeking a nice Hartmann Bernina for my collection

You pretty much summed up the 7x SLC, great choice.

They are my most used binocular, maybe not the best but, little to fault when it comes to optical properties.

Bryce...

I looked this Sanju up, 483ft@1000yds and eye relief 19.2 is pretty impressive, couldn't see a price, do you know what they cost?

Hello Ben,

It turns out that this was a wild goose chase as Sanju no longer, or possibly never have, offered these.

They do claim a Dutch distributor for one or two of their others, as rebrands, but the distributor has no stock.

I guess if I was buying Dutch I would pick from the very wide range of Bynolyts that are available.

It was worth a look though as a WP porro in an armoured seven would be practical. So I'm all out of porros unless someone can suggest something imaginative.

So pleased you liked the Swaro 7x42 SLC.

Best wishes,

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back