• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tyke Meet Late Winter 2011 (1 Viewer)

I still have several of the 2008 Yorkshire Bird Reports left, so if any of the new attendees would like a copy for £10, please post on this thread.

I'm blobbing this one, the weather forecast on xc and metoffice is 20-25mph, gusting to 35mph, some showers, moderate visibility. Too far and too much petrol on a dodgy forecast at this time of year. Hope you have a good 'un.

Good news - the forecast has improved with the rain not due until late afternoon according to Xc and the wind speed topping out at 18mph. Perhaps a bit blowy for raptors but Wykeham is quite sheltered so I guess it will be a case of suck it and see.

Brilliant... wasn't looking forward to all day rain.

So see y'all at 8.00 tomorra except those travelling in my car who I'll see at 6.30!

Pics from today

Well the weather was 'pants' but day picked up as it went on.As always , the company was enjoyable .Highlights for me; crossbills, Iceland gull and bramblings.The weather made it hard going..and photos to match,,so apologise in advance.

Await Keiths report on how he ate that much cheese with suspense!!!!

Attachments

• icelandgull1.jpg
    icelandgull1.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 37
  • icelandgull2.jpg
    icelandgull2.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 40
  • icelandgull3.jpg
    icelandgull3.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 33
  • icelandgull4.jpg
    icelandgull4.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 45
  • crossbill1.jpg
    crossbill1.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
2nd helping!

Thanks again to all;;hope ?Ollie gets his scope back!!

Attachments

• brambling.jpg
    brambling.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 43
  • greaterspottedwoodpecker.jpg
    greaterspottedwoodpecker.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 29
  • medgull1.jpg
    medgull1.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 32
  • medgull2.jpg
    medgull2.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 32
  • smew.jpg
    smew.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 42
My efforts at the Med Gull

Attachments

• Med Gull 2.JPG
    Med Gull 2.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Med Gull, Holbeck.JPG
    Med Gull, Holbeck.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Med Gull 3.JPG
    Med Gull 3.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Med Gull 4.JPG
    Med Gull 4.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 30
Hi everyone - Thanks for a great day yesterday. I won't embarrass myself by attaching my pathetic photos of Iceland and Med gulls taken with my phone. I really must get myself a proper digital camera! Since my bins are dropping to bits I think I'll need to replace those first.

Hope the scope turned up

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back