• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Update** Current World Binocular Brands List. (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
It wouldn't be a full list without Kunming United Optics Corporation: a lot of MIC binoculars have been actually manufactured by Kunming under different brands

Iceoptic Chamonix Mont-Blanc Perl binoculars.

Galileo binoculars, India.

Galileo binoculars Italy.

Hilkinson binoculars, Viking Optical.

Vellardi binoculars Made in Italy.

Lunt binoculars.

Coronado binoculars.

B.

Last edited:
Good digging friends. Canip, I agree on a few of those. Svbony. Blaster ( I had left off orig as I thought they did night Optics only), Omegon looks legit. Some of the others are questionable. I did not get into OEM makers unless they self branded and had a real effort to support that brand. Yes, VisionKing and the myriad of Kunmings were excluded. I had started an OEM list, but it gets too difficult to track the China OEMs. Binastro , I'll look into your list.
Good stuff. Again, please , use modify list, as you wish. I'm not challenging anyone's opinion on what should be included, but let's be honest, are any of the forum members wanting to know about the El cheapo name of the day brands ? Maybe I need to change list to " Anything with a website AND that we would buy" cheers guys

Some of the others are questionable
Just to be sure: All in my list are legitimate, i.e. currently on the market. I purchased at least one binocular from every single one of these brands.

We may disagree on the purpose or the usefulness of your list, but we should have a clear understanding what‘s in and what’s out.

Last edited:
Here is my last and final list. Please run with it as anyone wishes. I believe this contains the units that anyone would be interested in. Enjoy and thanks for contributing friends. I'll also repost as a new thread so my final is up top. Add as you wish.
Athlon 18
APM 66
Barska 57
Barr & Stroud 25
Blaser 4
Bosma 54 approx
Burris 5
Bresser, Alpen 31
Bushnell 72
Canon 10
Carson 38
Celestron around 40
DDoptics 33
Ecotone 10 (Poland-100% made by Kamakura )
Eschenbach 33
Fujinon 26
GPO 22
Hawke 28
Helios 43 - U.K. store brand.
Hinode- 4 - Japan (has China Factory)
Kahles ( owned by Swarovski) 7
Kamakura Koki -12 - mainly a giant OEM
Kenko Tokina 40. (Took over Minolta service and perhaps old Minolta designs?)
Kite Optics- Belgium 35
Komz. 23
Konus - 42 approx - some may be body covering difference only
Kowa 27
Leica 42
Leupold 23
Levenhuk 52
Maven 22
Meade 8
Meopta 17
Minox 19
Nikon 54
Noblex ( formerly Docter) 3
Oberwerk 24
Olympus 8
Opticron 51
Optolyth - unknown, may be closed
Orion 16
Pentax 40
Praktika. 13
PZO 1
Seeadler Optik 23
Sig Sauer 10
Steiner 35
Sunagor 9.
Swarovski 22
Tasco 22
Tract 5
Vanguard 28. Woman owned family biz
Visionary 64. Optical Hardware U.K.store brand
Vixen 34
Vortex 34
Yukon Advanced Optics- (Belarus) -appears to be 10, based on a review site. Company website not functioning.
Zeiss 24
Zhumell 10
Zomz. 8 plus or minus a few
Zrak 1 - Bosnia / Herzigovina company

TOTAL UNIQUE MODELS 1,461

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back