• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Current World Binoculars Mfg List and the quantity of unique units they offer. (2 Viewers)

Helios OVL.
The Helios brand has been around for very many years and many binoculars sold.
Optical Vision Ltd. is a major supplier of optics.

Hilkinson.

Beechers Mirage. Maybe actually made in the U.S.A.

Regards,
B.

Last edited:
GOMZ later called LOMO is, I think, a very large optical company based in Leningrad.

May make Tento and other named binoculars as well as spotting scopes, astro scopes etc.

B.

I counted variations of them.

Also Seeadler seems to have a presence so adding 23 for them.
Total 1,287 now.
Working on providing the known OEM of all the brands. Will take some time and some input from others who have knowledge or a good guess.

This list is nothing new, just updated info and I added Qty of units. Was done here previously in 2006, which I didnt know about until today. Of course half those companies are gone. But everyone was super happy to get a list back then, even contributions from the big players, guess some feel it's a waste now. Friendliest forum on the net. Oh well.

Update. They keep coming out of the woodwork. Must be close or done now. Working on compiling who the known or guessed OEMs of each are who have supplied some or all parts for them. Will take longer and some will be unknown.

Athlon 18
APM 66
Barska 57
Barr & Stroud 25
Bosma 54 approx
Burris 5
Bresser, Alpen 31
Bushnell 72
Canon 10
Celestron around 40
Eschenbach 33
Fujinon 26
GPO 22
Hawke 28
Kahles ( owned by Swarovski) 7
Kamakura-12 self branded but mainly an OEM
Kenko Tokina 40. (Took over Minolta service and perhaps old Minolta designs?)
Kite Optics- Belgium 35
Komz. 23
Konus - 42 approx - some may be body covering difference only
Kowa 27
Leica 42
Leupold 23
Levenhuk 52
Maven 22
Meade 8
Meopta 17
Minox 19
Nikon 54
Noblex ( formerly Docter) 3
Oberwerk 24
Olympus 8
Opticron 51
Optolyth - unknown, too hard to figure
Orion 16
Pentax 40
Seeadler Optik 23
Sig Sauer 10
Steiner 35
Swaro 22
Tasco 22
Tract 5
Vanguard 28. Woman owned family biz
Visionary 64. Optical Hardware U.K.store brand
Vision King. OEM - Qty Unk on self branded units
Vixen 34
Vortex 34
Yukon Advanced Optics- (Belarus) -appears to be 10, based on a review site. Company website not functioning.
Zeiss 33 plus or minus, hard to determine
Zhumell 10
Zomz. 8 plus or minus

TOTAL 1,314

This list is nothing new, just updated info and I added Qty of units. Was done here previously in 2006, which I didnt know about until today. Of course half those companies are gone. But everyone was super happy to get a list back then, even contributions from the big players, guess some feel it's a waste now. Friendliest forum on the net. Oh well.
Not a waste of time at all. Lots of good info there. There’s tons more binos out there than I ever thought. It probably is one of the friendliest forums on the internet, and there’s a few moderators that make sure it stays that way. We joust and spar a bit , buts it’s all good.

Paul

My goal would be that others would continue to update and keep current along with me. I hope it will help someone make informed decisions about their next purchase. Ideally it will get some OEM background info on it too.

Added Ecotone and Zrak

Athlon 18
APM 66
Barska 57
Barr & Stroud 25
Bosma 54 approx
Burris 5
Bresser, Alpen 31
Bushnell 72
Canon 10
Celestron around 40
Ecotone 10 (Poland- made by Kamakura )
Eschenbach 33
Fujinon 26
GPO 22
Hawke 28
Kahles ( owned by Swarovski) 7
Kamakura-12 self branded but mainly an OEM
Kenko Tokina 40. (Took over Minolta service and perhaps old Minolta designs?)
Kite Optics- Belgium 35
Komz. 23
Konus - 42 approx - some may be body covering difference only
Kowa 27
Leica 42
Leupold 23
Levenhuk 52
Maven 22
Meade 8
Meopta 17
Minox 19
Nikon 54
Noblex ( formerly Docter) 3
Oberwerk 24
Olympus 8
Opticron 51
Optolyth - unknown, too hard to figure
Orion 16
Pentax 40
PZO 1
Seeadler Optik 23
Sig Sauer 10
Steiner 35
Swarovski 22
Tasco 22
Tract 5
Vanguard 28. Woman owned family biz
Visionary 64. Optical Hardware U.K.store brand
Vision King. OEM - Qty Unk on self branded units
Vixen 34
Vortex 34
Yukon Advanced Optics- (Belarus) -appears to be 10, based on a review site. Company website not functioning.
Zeiss 33 plus or minus, hard to determine
Zhumell 10
Zomz. 8 plus or minus a few
Zrak 1 - Bosnia / Herzigovina company

TOTAL 1,326

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back