• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Cardiff (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

Visiting Cardiff from Friday for a few days and I was wondering if any one could advise on the best places to see:-

1. HoneyBuzzard
2. Goshawk
3. Red Kite
4. Nightingale
5. Nightjar
6. Dartford warbler
7. Wood Warbler
8. Woodlark (if they occur here)
9. Sea birds other than the large Gulls
10. Whinchats
11. Redstart and Pied Flycatchers good but not essential

I cannot think of any birds which have a restricted range ie Birds of Southern Britain or Welsh specialities which I may not see in Lancashire.

I would also love to visit Nature Reserves in the area regardless of whether I get the target species so any recommendations? I prefer flat land walks as I hurt my leg some time ago., nothing too muddy.

I do understand some species on that list people may not want to reveal but if there are well known watch points....Also do not want to travel too far due to time limits - maybe an hour from Cardiff maximum?
Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back