• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What and where Bird Quiz (1 Viewer)

Crested Lark?

Blam! 3 points.B :):t:

lou salomon:26
neil78: 25
Trystan: 21
Welsh Peregrine: 16
Jan-Paul Charteris: 8
o:D

Reveal, plus...

Species: 3
Location with correct species: 1
Latecomers: 1
:smoke:

An EASY one...:cat:

Attachments

• #16r.jpg
    #16r.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 24
  • #17.jpg
    #17.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 36
I'm seeing a storks nest at the top of the crane but no bird there. The bird perched over on the right of the crane I will try black headed gull.

Any points for crane?

never agree with my hallucinations, neil ;)

now i agree with you on adult yellow-legged gull - let's see if it will be a trap. :eek!: location as told but that's of no relevance now

A White Stork nest on a Crane! ;) Complete with adult YLG in location specified.B :) As people have been thorough with the precise location, when giving the correct species, I award 1 point for all who have done this.:cat:

So, let's break it down...:-C

Trystan: Stork Nest= 3 Clever Crane Answer!= 1 (4)
Neil: adult YLG = 3+1, Location= 1 (5)
Lou: Latecomer for YLG + location= 1+1 (2)
WP: Latecomer for YLG + location= 1+1 (2)

So the scores are as follows...
(remember always check my calculations, and if I've made a mistake let me know!)

neil78: 30
Trystan: 29
lou salomon:28
Welsh Peregrine: 20
Jan-Paul Charteris: 8

Is it the Yellow-Legged Gull that brings the baby Storks I wonder?
:-O

(Yes! It really is an adult YLG! Or is it another quiz photo?:smoke:)

Attachments

• #18r.jpg
    #18r.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
  • #18rr.jpg
    #18rr.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 30
The Eastern Al Gharb Punishing Portugal Quiz

Species: 3
Location in pic with species: 1
Clever points available.

Have a great weekend quizzlings!B :);)

Attachments

• #19.jpg
    #19.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 40
Maybe something on the bare ground bottom right? Hoopoe?

"Punishing" is in the title Neil! I find it hard to see the species in the reveal photo!:-O
Good luck anyhoo! :t:

ps As I'm sure you've all realised? I am your mortal enemy! In my role I can take no prisoners, and make no friends.
When all these quizzes are over, you will come up to me with outstretched hands...and execute me! ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back