• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (9 Viewers)

I have only 220 species on my life list so far, so it's still so easy to acquire new life bird on any vacation! I just returned from Malaysia, I saw 5 species of hornbill. They are majestic creatures. Not only their bills, their behavior, the beauty of their flight. 100% would recommend :)
I envy that. Having a short life list is so nice. I was like that 10 years ago. You can visit a new continent and bump up your list with hundreds of lifers during a single visit :) Getting completely overwhelmed because almost every bird that you see is a lifer!

I envy that. Having a short life list is so nice. I was like that 10 years ago. You can visit a new continent and bump up your list with hundreds of lifers during a single visit :) Getting completely overwhelmed because almost every bird that you see is a lifer!
Yeah....I miss when I could do a local trip and get lifers, without having to twitch a massive rarity. Nowadays in the US, outside of expensive trips to Hawaii or Alaska, I am basically just going after one or two species.

At least there are still plenty of mammals and herps left to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back