• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting short of amusing sayings etc so I thought I would go back in Ruffled Feathers to find threads I enjoyed. This is the #1 of one such thread titled "Tech Support for Women"

Originally posted by Marysan

I first got this email about a year ago and I thought it was hilarious. I received it yesterday, and I still think it's funny. This is it- Tech Support for Women:

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in the overall performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0, NHL 4.3, MLB 3.0, and NBA 3.6. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, to no avail. What can I do?

Signed,
Desperate

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind; Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System. Try to enter the command: "C:/ITHOUGHTYOULOVEDME" to download Tears 6.2, which should automatically install Guilt 3.0. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5. But remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or Beer 6.1.Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create Snoring Loudly. Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 7.7.

Good Luck,
Tech Support

Assuming everything stays on schedule, it it only 38 days till the general release of the Prime HD (May 25th) .... not that I am counting or anything!

LOL!

:eek!: But Delia, no need for tests, they are Prime HDs !:-O Besides, I could give them a comfortable home - warm, sub-tropical - many interests - 943 species of birds for them (and me) to look at - lots of travel - beginning with a flight to SA; then 2000km on my Kruger trip alone plus many other trips- a wide environmental range - from the Berg (mountains) to the bushveld to the shores - annual pampering as they are gently bubble-wrapped and taken to be cleaned and massaged with warm oils - OMW, I can already hear them clamouring to come to me . . . . Sh-sh-sh guys, be patient, your time will come! ;)

Hummph you might be able to boast of hundreds of species Sal - we don't have as many, but they're much more difficult to ID and need Prime bins to check them out with. Have pity on my poor aging eyes pleeease:cat:

Anyway, they'd love our beautiful landscape with all the lochs, glens and bens. So green, too, nothing like your burnt up arid 'scapes;)

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back