• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovski digiscoping qustion (1 Viewer)

scud24

scud24
first I know that there is a forum for digiscoping on this site but i have asked a few qustions this week and seem to have a better response in this forum.Just want to clarify 1 point.Ive got the swaro 80MM HD ATS.Iam going to buy the swaro camera bracket the adapter with the balancing rail.Iam also going to purchase the Nikon P5100 digi camera Do i need to get any special adapter for camera or anything else to enable me to start.Apologies if its a dumb question but i have gone through a lot of the threads on this site and Iam a bit confused:h?:

You don't need to invest in the whole bracket for the little Nikon. The DCA adapter is cheaper and the camera screws right into it. You might need to invest in a balance rail because the extra weight of the camera can drag the back end down.

I use the same scope and camera.

The Swarovski DCA adapter is perfect for this combination. You do need to buy an adapter for the Nikon P5100 to give it a filter thread. The part you need is the Nikon UR-E20 Lens Adapter - a Google search will give you several UK suppliers - prices do vary quite a bit though.

The front of the lens adapter screws into the DCA 28mm plate.

But if you really want the DCB-A, rather than the cheaper more compact DCA, then it would probably work with this camera. However the DCA doesn't come with a balance rail, which you might benefit from.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back