• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon View 4 (1 Viewer)

Roy Ledgerton

Following the crash of my hard disk and installation of a new one I have been unable to transfer images from my Coolpix995 to the hard disk. I have uninstalled and re-installed N V 4 several times but to no avail. All the buttons are greyed-out. I assume that the driver for this camera is not installed. I have followed the instructions on the Nikon Reference manual disk to install a driver but always get the message that Windows cannot find the necessary software.
I would be grateful for advice on how to rectify this problem. Is there alternative software better or more user-friendly than N V 4 ?

Thanks in advance.

Roy

Buy a card reader, Roy. Older versions of Nikonview are notorious for problems like yours.

You can use a photoshop or similar package to do everything you wish with the images.... there are also plenty of free good image viewers on the net to download, IrfanView is one of the best I've used.

I'm pretty sure they're much of a muchness...I'm not the best person to ask, I've had the same lexar jumpshot for nearly 5 years.

Best regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back