• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cromarty (1 Viewer)

Big Phil

Gonna be up in Cromarty next month for a few days...

Any top tips for birds and mammals in the immediate area?

Cheers,

Phil

red kites all over the Black Isle

bottle nosed dolphins and seabirds from Chanonry Point plus otter round the coast

waders, wildfowl and raptors at Udale Bay (hide in layby) - either side of high tide is best

Another hide at Munlochy Bay - you'll probably need a scope

RSPB reserve at Fairy Glen - dipper, grey wagtail, woodland birds

auks, seabirds etc from Cromarty itself.

That should keep you quiet for a bit.

Full details in my book - The Best Birdwatching Sites in the Scottish Highlands (pm me for further details/special offer)

Hope that helps

Gordon Hamlett

Thanks Gordon. Not an area I know well at all. Any idea where the nearest Crested Tits are?

I've realised that I posted under Moray, should be Highland...maybe a passing mod can move this?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back