• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barn Owl (1 Viewer)

bcurrie

I was debating about whether or not to post this since it lacks sharpness. However, after reading what Marysans wrote about people registering without doing much in the way of posting, I thought, what the heck.

It was during the day, and he was sort of sleeping. Every once in a while he would look over at me with this exact face, so even though his eyes were "closed" you know he was keeping his eye on me. I was at least 50 yards (45.7 meters) from him.
8958068.jpg

What the heck is the right attitude, Brian, keep em coming! Good description to go with your photo. I want to see you post in the Gallery. What happens when you click on to the Gallery link on the left? Can't you then click on to "Upload Photos"? Please feel free to email me if I can be of help.

There is nothing wrong with that shot Brian. I'd consider that a good one. A Barn Owl and even found it in a barn by the looks of it ! I haven't seen one in several years, just Tawny Owls which seem to be far more common round here.

They are a lovely coloured bird.

I wish I could assist further with the Gallery problem, but I'm afraid it's got me beat. Have you tried Green Fields yet ? He's a busy bee, but should be able to assist.

Thanks to the both of you.

Marysan, here you got me all excited. I clicked on the Gallery link to the left, and decided that I would try looking at one of the threads, which it let me do. Then I clicked on the personal galleries, which it opened to let me choose from the individuals, but once again it said that I had to be registered. I did also try to register, but when it was e-mail to me (on another address), when I clicked on the link to activate it, it read that I was an invalid user.

Ian, I will e-mail Green Fields.

BTW, not having been in the Gallery, what are the advantages to posting it there vs. under Quickpix?

Brian, the Quick-Pix tends to be viewed by more members as it is one of the main forums, so members see the new posting and are attributed for making replies. You also receive notice when a reply is made.

The Gallery itself enables members to post a selection of photos in their own album up to 2 MB per member. Posted replies don't count towards how many repies a member has made and whilst there is an option to select being notified by email of replies made to your photo, it isn't working. You have to periodically visit the Gallery and check your album in order to reply to any queries made over the photo you posted. The Gallery is a handy way to look at photos either by category or by member, but it isn't linked to Quick-Pix so sometimes it's worth posting a photo in both !

Owls are my favorite. The Snowy Owl is my dream picture, one I long to take. About 1 1/2 months ago there was a spotting of a Snowy Owl by a Utah Wildlife Conservation Officer (so it is trustworthy) not far from where I live, and he did not tell a soul, did not put it on the bird hotline. He will never live it down. Of all people, he should have known better.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back