• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adivce on Feeder storage (1 Viewer)

gthang

Ford Focus Fanatic: mmmmmm... 3.1415926535.....
Just watched the weather report, and they say it's going to rain for the next four days (probably consecutively). So i wanted to get the feeders off the hangers and store them someplace where they can't get wet. We have just put them back up after refilling them when we heard the weather report. So leaving the feeders up is out of the question, as we have a thistle feeder, and everyone knows thistle is mucho expensivo (sorry for my bad spanish, lo siento para my español no es muy bueno)

Anyway, what should I do? grab the feeders off the hangers and place each one into it's own separate plastic bag, and store in a cool, dry place?

I appreciate any advice.

Gthang

Hi Gthang,

Is the feeder not built to keep the seed inside dry?

It really should be - if it isn't, send it back to the manufacturers with a complaint!

Michael

well, I'm really not sure. But they sure look like they were made to prevent sogginess.

However, blowing rain might enter through the feed holes.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Oh, BTW, much too late in responding... It rained last night and much of today... Praying to god that we don't get so much rain as the weatherdude reported...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back