• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Outback (2004 / 25) (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
Driving home from work, and on my way to college, it occured to me that – for one week only – class has been put back to Tuesday.

Only went a little out of my way, so quickly got back on the route home… and… well, what’s a boy s’posed to do on a fine Spring evening?

Yep, my reward for the suffering the miserable weather yesterday was a trip outback in the evening sun.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report, but should say that approx. 75% (if not more) of today’s ids were by call only.

Now there’s nothing there that would stump the experts among us, but suffice it to say, two years ago – maybe even a year ago - with the exception of Blackbird, Green Woodpecker and Chiffchaff, I would’ve had no chance.

Anyway, you know the routine…

Plain text = Outback day tick
Bold text = Outback year tick
Bold italic text = Outback life tick
(Number in brackets is highest number of individuals identified at one time)

Pheasant : 5 (1)
Mallard : 2 (1)
Tufted Duck : 2 (2)
Greater Spotted Woodpecker : 1 (1)
Green Woodpecker : 3 (1)
Woodpigeon : 46 (35)
Moorhen : 1 (1)
Lapwing : 1 (1)
Kestrel : 1 (1)
Carrion Crow : 3 (2)
Blackbird : 3 (1)
Song Thrush : 1 (1)
Robin : 2 (1)
Starling : 2 (1)
Great Tit : 8 (2)
Blue Tit : 8 (2)
Long-tailed Tit : 1 (1)
Swallow : 1 (1)
Chiffchaff : 2 (1)
Skylark : 5 (2)
Pied Wagtail : 1 (1)
Chaffinch : 10 (1)
Goldfinch : 6 (6)
Yellowhammer : 1 (1)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back