• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manley Mere (1 Viewer)

2520years

Lurking in the bushes is wrong.
Being the ever-generous father that I am, I'm taking my eldest to Manley Mere next week. ;)

As a bonus, I just wondered if anyone has been there with one eye on the bird-life. If there are no decent birds I might go on the trail, but I can just as easily watch the birds with one eye and my daughter with the other...

Cheers.

Was Manley Mere worth a visit for birding?

Not especially. There was a barnacle goose with a flock of greylag geese on the field by the approach road. I think I flushed a common sandpiper and there appeared to be a little grebe on the mere.

The woods were very noisy with people on the Adventure Trail, but the lake was more serene. I think I got about a dozen species in total, nearly all around the mere itself.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back