• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I've been found 2 - the Neighbour (1 Viewer)

pduxon

Quacked up Member
Ok as some of you will have read the feathered chaps have found me. Ok its not an influx but 15 House Sparrows is better than 0 and the Robin even uses the seed feeder. The Blackbirds and Starlings like the raisins and the Song Thrush pops into say high.

And then....

My neighbour says "Have you put some feeders up"
Me - "Yep"
Her - "can you take them down? They are 'pooping' on the fence and my childrens slide is near there and that is getting 'pooped'
Me - I'll think about it (sotto voice - in your dreams) but where I put them they'll sit on the fence.

My dad suggested hanging up a toilet roll and telling her I'm training them!!

I think she has a ruddy cheek, perhaps I should ask her to stop her kids playing since the nose is frightening the birds?? Anyway I've moved two feeders BUT that's the best I'm doing. I'm hoping a BHG or Wood Pigeon will "poop" on her laundry

pduxon said:
Ok as some of you will have read the feathered chaps have found me. Ok its not an influx but 15 House Sparrows is better than 0 and the Robin even uses the seed feeder. The Blackbirds and Starlings like the raisins and the Song Thrush pops into say high.

And then....

Me - "Yep"
Her - "can you take them down? They are 'pooping' on the fence and my childrens slide is near there and that is getting 'pooped'
Me - I'll think about it (sotto voice - in your dreams) but where I put them they'll sit on the fence.

I think she has a ruddy cheek, perhaps I should ask her to stop her kids playing since the nose is frightening the birds?? Anyway I've moved two feeders BUT that's the best I'm doing. I'm hoping a BHG or Wood Pigeon will "poop" on her laundry

Pete, sometimes you just can't win. What makes your neighbour think that by taking down your feeders, the birds will leave the neighbourhood and never poop in her yard again??
I'm grateful here that I have fabulous neighbours. The widow lady next door to me asked me the other night what I feed the birds. She's jealous because I have so many and they're not going to her feeders! Of course, that was before I had to put mine in the garage because of a bear in the neighbourhood!
Good luck with your neighbour. Now go whisper to a pigeon!!!

pduxon said:

And then....

Me - "Yep"

Pete

Write a note saying " Please poop next door at Pete's" and ask her to pin it to the slide!. As to the feeders, what can you feed that makes a nice mess?. Just wait until the Blackberries are ripe!.

I agree, the woman does have a cheek. I would ignore the silly moo. Birds are more important than her kids' slide which, let's face it, can be moved. Anyway bird crap can be easily washed off - I have to wash it off my car enough times! A small price to pay to have birds around.

She's probably one of these idiotic people who whinge about the dawn chorus...

Last edited:
Hi Tammie,

Both neighbours feed the birds and used to have lots of birds in there garden, until i came along and put up his own feeders, now the only times the birds enter the neighbours gardens is to get to mine. They must know a birdwatchers garden when they see one. There feeders always seem to be empty now.

Steven

Pete you can please some of the people some of the time. But not all of the people all of the time!!! tell her its a good job pigs dont fly.
bert.

helenol said:
Should have told her to move her slide away from the fence, then hung up 2 extra feeders.
On reflection, I would go out at night, pull the slide even closer to the fence, then hang up the feeders.

Then, when little Tarquin and Giles - after playing on their slide - go inside full of bird crap on their jeans, you can allow yourself a smug smile...

Or you can ask her what washing powder she uses, and recommend another.

Alternatively, paint the fence an "off-white"

bert said:
Dont you mean better Elizabeth;)
bert.

I suppose I do Bert - but when I went out around 3pm, I had not had my routine BF "fix", so was totally traumatised. Only came home about half an hour ago, and still had the shakes from my deprivation. Slowly recovering now - but I hope they don't do this too often. My system can't cope.

pduxon said:
I'm hoping a BHG or Wood Pigeon will "poop" on her laundry
No, no, no!!! You're not setting your sights high enough, young Pete. What you need to do is to dig a pond in your garden - as large as you can make it - and stock it with goldfish. You'll soon attract a Heron.

Bluetail said:
No, no, no!!! You're not setting your sights high enough, young Pete. What you need to do is to dig a pond in your garden - as large as you can make it - and stock it with goldfish. You'll soon attract a Heron.

I was considering "borrowing" the Greylag from Holkham

How about moaning to the neighbour that the slide is to near your feeders and the kids are frightening your birds.
BTW do you think of the birds in your garden as your birds, I sort of do.

Mick

Mickymouse said:
How about moaning to the neighbour that the slide is to near your feeders and the kids are frightening your birds.

Mick

And the Blackbirds, were feeding on her grass this morning!! You buy them raisins and porridge oats and how do they repay you. Still love 'em though!!

Mickymouse said:

Mick

We definitely do, especially the ones that have nested in our boxes (or box, this year. After she had finished her nest, one of our female bluetits vanished - her partner kept calling her for a couple of weeks, even going inside the box as if he hoped to find her there).

I'm not sure that the sparrowhawk is "ours" though!!!

We have a fence and get lots of birds neighbors have not said a word but have turn there little lad against birds. It started when he got some bird mess on his hand and was told to wash it off I would make him ill. He now claps and shouts at the bird and last week he kicked a ball at the hedge and knock a nest out he new it was there kicked the ball at it loads of time. His dad did shout and put the bird in a tree. But they never clean up after their dogs and they don’t walk them the reason we put the fence up was because of the dogs and the smell.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back