• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Kite for someone special :) (1 Viewer)

MohoNobilis

Hong Kong
I have just realized that I don't usually post my art here... so I am posting this because I am quite proud of this quick artwork of mine.

If you have read some of my previous posts, you may have noticed that I really like red kites. They have always been special birds to me, as they were the first birds of prey that I saw in the UK. As some of my school staff were about to host a Secret Santa, I had decided to join in and draw this artwork especially for one of them. One of the school staff participating in this knows a lot about (and fully supports) my hobby of birding, and I really wanted to give this artwork to her, even though I knew that it might be given to someone else. However, seeing that only a few members of the school staff and me are participating in this event when I arrived at the venue, it wasn't that much of a problem, and after having a friendly competition over who gets to have the artwork (which was still wrapped), said staff member won and got hold of my present. I can still imagine the surprise on her face when I told her that this artwork was finished in a day, and I am glad to say that she loved it very much.

I'm not really good at drawing using watercolors, but I tried to bring my red kite sketches to life with them. This piece was also quite rushed, as I do have a lot of tests coming up really soon. It was also done with cheap watercolors, so the quality of it isn't that nice, and I do apologize for that. I hope you all will enjoy it as much as the recipient of this artwork did.35E51D4A-E2E0-4681-9F36-40D671442797.jpeg

Brilliant Moho! I love the way you've arranged them together too. It just all 'works'.

I'm sure your inspirational teacher will treasure this surprise present!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back