• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Massive Nature Bbc 1 19.30 (1 Viewer)

LSB

Me
United Kingdom
Massive Nature BBC 2 19.30

Short notice.
Massive nature BBC 2 7.30pm tonight about Adelie penguins.. if you can drag yourself away from the soaps...:O)

It wasn't bad...I remember it was on a few months ago.....but it's always nice to actually have some nature programmes on tv instead of the usual cr...whoops, rubbish! LOL

GILL

I've been watching this series, and I enjoy the photography, but does anyone else find the style of the narrative irritating? All that "2 days to impact" stuff really grates on me, and I don't like the way that predators are always portrayed as some kind of evil monster.

What do others think?

I agree totally Linda....normally I wouldn't waste my time watching programmes like that which seem to relish the violence and blood and gore! But I only watched last night's because there hadn't been any wildlife programmes for a couple of days....and I was getting terrible withdrawal symptoms!!!
Apparently they are making more programmes like this now because they think it is what the public want to watch! I think folk are so immune to violence now that programme makers are pushing the boundaries of how far they can get away with things before folk complain! Or perhaps it's just easier to make this sort of cheap tv?
Honestly, if I see one more programme about wildebeeste crossing the Mara River and being ambushed by crocs I'll scream!!!!!
Give me a programme about the behaviour of a species any day....time for a repeat showing of 'The Discovery Of Animal Behaviour' I think...I LOVED that series and have the book which I've read umpteen times! Or a series about the old naturalists and their work...Konrad Lorenz,Niko Tinbergen,Henri Fabre to name but a few.....reading about these guys is SO inspiring! Though I suppose it wouldn't appeal to your average audience who survive on a brain-dead diet of soaps and reality tv...bit too intellectual for the average viewer!

GILL

Did anyone else notice that they'd mixed old and new footage together. Saves a few quid but spoils the programme I think.. wasnt too keen on the narration either..

Linda Jay said:
I've been watching this series, and I enjoy the photography, but does anyone else find the style of the narrative irritating? All that "2 days to impact" stuff really grates on me, and I don't like the way that predators are always portrayed as some kind of evil monster.

What do others think?

Sure do

If they are going to do a year about or life history Why o Why do they have to jump ahead and then time you down to some point. :

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back