• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden eagles. (1 Viewer)

Eagles

Hi MULL,

I like the bird, And we dont hear about how they are doing these days, perhaps you could give a bigger insite.

steve

hi mullbirds

nice web site, do you run it? been bird watching on Mull a couple of times. fantastic place for birdwatching. also saw otters there in craignure. you shouldn't be so suspicious of people asking simple questions, though obviously keep nesting locations secret. understand the eagles in cumbria failed again this year. bit of a shame, they seem to be struggling over there, but kielder pair are looking stronger.

Golden Eagles

Sorry if I sound suspicious about giving information, I am sure that you appreciate that there are people out there who want to do damage to these beautiful birds and that Mull is a target, especially the WTSE. We seem to have had a good year, there are certainly a good number of young now flying (Goldies) and also WTSE have been successful with several young fledged this year. Short eared Owls have been scarce all year, but Hen Harriers appear to be doing well.
Alan

Goldies and WTSE

Thanks for your kind words about mullbirds.com, yes it is my site. next time you visit Mull be sure to look me up and we could have a day out birding
Alan

Good to hear that the species appears to be doing well on the Mull of Kintyre,especially as it is this population that is presumed to be the source of the wild birds that occasionally reach Northern Ireland!;-)Saw Scotland from Rathlin this year,but unfortunately the 2nd cal Golden Eagle must have also seen its home and returned before I got up!
Joking/triviality aside,there is an ongoing re-introduction programme in Co.Donegal,and in a country denuded of its native raptors due to persecution(only 6-7 sp.breed regularly)this is a positive step.Natural recolonisation by Marsh Harriers,Ospreys and Red Kites is looking increasingly likely also,so as long as we can keep what we have(Hen Harrier has decreased due to habitat loss),then the future looks bright at the moment.
Saw a Buzzard today:they are spreading all the time and may breed in Co.Cork sooner rather than later?

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back