• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Positive Encounter From Perky Pets (1 Viewer)

A little over a month ago I was having an ant problem and bought three more Perky Pet ant-guards (which have always worked great for me in the past). I hung my 96 ounce feeders from the new guards, but unfortunately the plastic hook on one ant-guard broke, and then the guard's feeder fell and also broke. The nursery where I bought the guards told me that they have had several problems with the ant guards breaking, and said that they really shouldn’t be used on a feeder holding more than 12 ounces.

The next day I told Frank Janzen about my feeder breaking (Frank got them for me last year). After offering me spare parts, Frank suggested that I go to Perky Pets’ website and request they do something to replace my broken feeder. I took Frank’s advice, requested that they either give me a replacement 96 ounce feeder (which we both knew wouldn’t be available), or two 48 ounce feeders to make up for the one that fell and broke because of their poorly made ant-guard. I didn’t tell them when I bought the guards, send pictures, sales receipts or anything – frankly because I didn’t have much hope that they’d be responsive to my complaint.

I’m pleased to say that three weeks after writing Perky Pet, I received in the mail two brand new, 48 ounce, six-station feeders. I know that any company can have problems with their products from time to time, but it’s always nice to know which companies try to make it right for their customers when a problem does arise. I know many of us wrote Perky Pet letters requesting they remove their nectar with red dye from the market. Even though they didn’t do this – they have at least started marketing a clear nectar product. Of course, if Frank used Perky Pet’s nectar instead of making his own, his nectar costs would probably be $50,000 per year.

Anyway, just thought you might like to know about a positive customer service encounter.

Glad to hear of the Positive outcome. My last encounter with them didn't end as well . . . I wanted them to start manufacturing the 96 ouncers again, and they said they wouldn't.

Funny I just found out I am about 10 minutes drive from the Perky Pet headquarters.....I never knew they were located here in Denver!

Good. Grab a picket sign . . .

catwhiskas said:
Funny I just found out I am about 10 minutes drive from the Perky Pet headquarters.....I never knew they were located here in Denver!
. . . and DEMAND they start manufacturing the 96 ouncers again!!!! :scribe:

GrandpapaMike said:
The nursery where I bought the guards told me that they have had several problems with the ant guards breaking, and said that they really shouldn’t be used on a feeder holding more than 12 ounces.
Our banding project uses them with 30 oz P-P feeders.

Of course, if Frank used Perky Pet’s nectar instead of making his own, his nectar costs would probably be $50,000 per year.
Not to mention having to open all of those little bags.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back