- Melaenornis ardesiacus
18 cm (7 in)
- Blackish chin, lores and forehead
- Rest of plumage dark bluish-grey
- Paler belly and flanks
Montane forest, both primary and secondary; forest edges and clearings.
Their diet includes insects, including caterpillars and beetles.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2015. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2015, with updates to August 2015. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved September 2015)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2022) Yellow-eyed Black Flycatcher. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 26 January 2022 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Yellow-eyed_Black_Flycatcher