• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

chi-chi-chi-chi-chi'wurrr-chi-ch...? (1 Viewer)

Guizotia

I heard a bird today in scrub next to woodland in a farmland valley, making a sound a bit like a stuck camera

chi-chi-chi-chi-chi'wurrr-chi-chi-chi-chi-chi'wurrr-chi-chi-chi-chi...

I recognise it I'm sure but can't for the life of me remember what it is. It seemed to be spending all it's time moving through the inside of bushes rather than sitting out on display (as far as I could see).

Any ideas?

Thanks, Lesser Whitethroat did cross my mind with the skulking, but the song is too fast.

Each 'chi' was about 1/3 second and the 'wurr' about 1 second, roughly.

Found some great sites while looking though, like the ones you linked to, and xeno-canto.org.

For some reason my head started making the song of a Sedge Warbler 3:)

I'm hopeless at working songs out from the written word though....I need to hear them :king:

Great to have the birds back and singing though, isn't it! :t:

For some reason my head started making the song of a Sedge Warbler 3:)

Funny you say that, because I finally realised that is exactly what it reminds me of, the start of the song the last time I heard a Sedge Warbler.

Oh well, one to try harder to get my bins on next time.

Could be the endless song of the yellowhammer...although it might be a bit early for them calling......you could check out all the sugestions in the opus bird song collection and see if you can narrow it down like that..

...you could check out all the sugestions in the opus bird song collection and see if you can narrow it down like that..

Good idea :t:

Tell you one thing though Guizotia - once you DO track down which bird it is, it'll be lodged in your memory for good :king: Years ago it took me ages to find out that the bird which was singing away outside our living room window (but in one of umpteen neighbours' overgrown gardens!) was a Blackcap :smoke: But I remember the song now ;) 3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back