• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 80 HD vs. Zeiss Diascope 85 (1 Viewer)

szybszy said:
Scampo, have you ever used screwed in UV filter glass as a protective measure for the main spottin scope lense ?
When I bought it, I was going to, but it's an expensive filter if you buy a good make, so I've never bothered. I just keep the scope in a stay-on case but I still feel that a filter would be a wise investment. Maybe one day!

I have a filter on my Nikon 60mm EDIII as it is supposed to take a bit more beating on travels than the Leica 77Apo which has to stay home on those occasions. It would seem both ways are fine as long as one tries to keep the objective cover on whenever the scope is being packed up.

Swissboy said:
I have a filter on my Nikon 60mm EDIII as it is supposed to take a bit more beating on travels than the Leica 77Apo which has to stay home on those occasions. It would seem both ways are fine as long as one tries to keep the objective cover on whenever the scope is being packed up.

Robert
I too have an ED111. Are these filters easy to fit?
Jim

Polarizer filter 124,95 97,95 27
szybszy.
That's a good idea about using a filter for protection on the scope, I hadn't considered it. I've used a polarized filter on a Nikon SLR camera for a long time and have always felt it gave great protection and enhanced contrast on many of the shots, especially when mountan,snow glacier and blue sky were together. I know the lens cover screws on a Kowa scope, so that scope end has threads. I'll have to look at a swaro scope to see if a threaded filter will work because it has the spring-clip lens cover.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back