• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Male Red Winged Blackbird. (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Hello,

So, I have been trying to get a picture of a male red winged blackbird for awhile. Every time I did, I was unsuccessful.

Until today.

Red Winged Blackbird Male.jpg

This kind of bird is very pretty in my opinion, that is why I was trying to get a picture of it.

Jared

You really managed to get a lot of the red on his shoulder.

That was actually quite difficult to do. I kind of had to sneak up on the bird and try to get the shoulder in the picture with the red. Believe me, it was very difficult. However, I was able to do it.

It makes me wonder why male red-winged blackbirds have that stripe on their shoulder.

Regardless, it's gorgeous.

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back