• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Barbados (1 Viewer)

Hi jimmmer,
I will spend about two days in Barbados next week. I am unlikely to have much time for pleasure, but if I do, is there something around I cannot afford to miss? I live in Dominica and have visited before, so the common species are kind of accounted for.

Niels

Hi Neils

i would suggest you take a look at Woodbourne Shorebird Reserve - I heard of a sighting of a Eskimo Curlew - oh there is a Gray Heron on island a couple Great egrets and Great Blue Herons

thats about it bird wise

Thanks! If Eskimo Curlew could be proven it would probably be the find of the century -- worldwide!

Where is the grey heron?

Niels

i think i saw it at Chancery lane took some shots but was to far away to comfirm and at a place call Long Pond in the the east of the country - only when mention it to a experance birder he confirm that one is on the island - that was last month.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back