• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optolyth (1 Viewer)

Boogieshrew

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find e/r specs for optolyth scopes (and bins for that matter. They don’t seem to be on their website.
I’m particularly interested in the Mini 15-45x80.
Thanks

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find e/r specs for optolyth scopes (and bins for that matter. They don’t seem to be on their website.
I’m particularly interested in the Mini 15-45x80.
Thanks

Hi,

no ER given but it says wide angle EP for use with glasses in the german text... whatever that might mean...

Joachim

In addition to my post 3:
The length of the 15-45x80 is:
Fully collapsed 28,3 cm
Full length; 39,5 cm
Sun shield rund the objective.
Productnumber: SP-16051
Gijs van Ginkel

A bit more delving found out it’s 20mm e/r.

I’m intrigued by the 15x mag and 80mm objective. Should be very bright and 15x is easily handholdable.

Boogieshrew,
The Optolyth draw tube telescopes I have investigated, see WEB-site of House of Outdoor, show that the Optolyths have a considerable lower light transmission (around 70%) as the ones of Meopta and Swarovski. Moreover the colour reproduction is shifted to the red.
Gijs van Ginkel

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back