• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is the best phone camera currently for digiscoping? (1 Viewer)

samwise2010

Canada
Hi!

I am currently doing some photography/videos with my iPhone SE on my Kowa scope, but was wondering if anyone has experienced some of the latest iterations of cameras? I was looking at some rumored specs of the iPhone 15 coming out…. Thr bigger pro model (plus) has a longer telephoto. Would this be useful? Thanks!

One issue with multi lens phones is getting the phone to use only one lens and knowing my which one. I use “portrait mode” on mine, fixing the lens, but letting me switch 1x/3x. Can be hard to tell if things are focussed on a small screen, you and the phone trying to adjust things. Things have moved on since the SE, but you don’t necessarily need the latest. If you do change then do post your findings. I trust you have a phone adapter that you are happy with?

Peter

One issue with multi lens phones is getting the phone to use only one lens and knowing my which one. I use “portrait mode” on mine, fixing the lens, but letting me switch 1x/3x. Can be hard to tell if things are focussed on a small screen, you and the phone trying to adjust things. Things have moved on since the SE, but you don’t necessarily need the latest. If you do change then do post your findings. I trust you have a phone adapter that you are happy with?

Peter
Thanks for the reply, I do use an adapter. The SE is nice in terms of quality but some better resolution and low light performance would be nice. If I do upgrade I’ll post some impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back