• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are you going to the Birdfair this weekend? (1 Viewer)

I certainly WISH I could be there!! With the current rather amazing airfares from the US, you'd think....oh, well. I'll be there in spirit.

So, Colin: Is 'your' TOny the one I think it is?

Bird Forum members at the Birdfair

I gather from reading a couple of birdwatching magazines we are due for some new optics from Zeiss, Nikon and perhaps Swarovski. Apparently Swarovski are having a stand seperate from the main optics tent...sounds intriguing.

I'm not too sure if there'll be many new books published and presented on the stands, unless anyone knows differently.

As usual I'll be drooling at the superb exhibits in the art marquee.

Are you going to the birdfair?

From the poor response it seems like we aren't going to get many from Bird Forum meeting up at their stand...

ref.Swarvoski,they are bringing to the show their new scope case for the 80HTS,this they say will be available in Oct.
John

Re: Are you going to the birdfair?

Chris R Monk said:
From the poor response it seems like we aren't going to get many from Bird Forum meeting up at their stand...

Hi Chris,

Dunno, there's the huge silent majority - 2,847 signed up BF members, and how many ever actually post anything? They don't all live as far away as I do! I reckon you'll get quite a crowd.

I'll also (since no-one else has done so yet!) predict breaking the 3,000 by the end of the BBWF weekend.

Michael

See you at the Birdfair?

Michael,

I think you're right about breaking the 3,000 member barrier. I shall drop in at the stand after lunch and see if I can bump into anyone whose name I recognise.

Are there any birdfairs within a reasonable distance of you, either north or south of the border? I appreciate your problem of being too far from Rutland to make a day trip south feasible.

I hope the prospect of Red Kites being released near Gateshead next year is something you can look forward to.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

No bird fairs near here - there was one at Druridge Pools a while back, couldn't get to that either (bit of a hike from the nearest bus stop), but that hasn't been repeated either. It wasn't profitable enough - there just isn't the money floating around here that there is down south.

It'll be nice to see the Kites when they cross the Tyne (wondering how long it will take them!), even better would be a release on this side of the river, somewhere like Blagdon :t:

Michael

I'll be there for all three days, though I won't be on the BF stand for the whole duration... I'd go barking! Weather forecast looks promising, last year was too hot in the marquees.

I think Swarovski had two seperate stands last year.... one for the optics, the other for promoting their good work in protecting wildlife around the globe (we'll gloss over the fact that they produce the most popular rifle scopes in the world!)

no cant make this year, to all those of you that do make it, have
a great day out. will be going to WWT martin-mere bird-fair
which runs from 14th-16th november.
bert

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back