• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to watch or photography Puffin (In ireland) (1 Viewer)

Indiana

Hallo

I want to visit Ireland in next year (2012 for a max 5 days). I am interesting in bird photography and birdwatching. I like puffin. Is there some goog places where is possible to take a good picture of puffin and see this bird as they are feeding youngh by fish.

And whitch is the best time for my puffin trip?

and perhaps other good places where is possible to watch other sea bird colony?

Thank you

Hallo

I want to visit Ireland in next year (2012 for a max 5 days). I am interesting in bird photography and birdwatching. I like puffin. Is there some goog places where is possible to take a good picture of puffin and see this bird as they are feeding youngh by fish.

And whitch is the best time for my puffin trip?

and perhaps other good places where is possible to watch other sea bird colony?

Thank you

Rathlin island of the Antrim coast is excellent for Puffins(Rathlin Island is about 6miles from the town of Ballycastle which is in county Antrim)The RSPB have a very good reserve there. Guillemots,Razorbills,Kittiwakes and Fulmars are also there in large numbers.

If you are in Donegal, Dunfanaghy and a trip to Tory Island is another option.Many large cliffs on the west coast would have Puffins , even popular tourist areas like the cliffs of Mohar.Summer and Spring would probably be the best time to observe them.

The Saltee Islands off the coast of Co. Wexford affords a great opportunity to photograph puffins, guillemots, razorbills, cormorants, shags, gannets and kittiwakes. Best time of the year would be late May-June to see the young being fed.

The Saltee Islands off the coast of Co. Wexford affords a great opportunity to photograph puffins, guillemots, razorbills, cormorants, shags, gannets and kittiwakes. Best time of the year would be late May-June to see the young being fed.

Thank you both:) I try to visit some of this places:) when is possible take some pictures:) and good sightsee

I found the best areas by far in Ireland are around the Cliffs of Moher, the Loop Penninsula, Sceilg Mhicíl, and the Saltees. Basically from the mid-west coast to the south-east coast. Also spectacular scenery as an added bonus.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back