• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wake Up NEW JERSEY!!!! (1 Viewer)

This is my first spring birding and I'm having a blast in NJ! Just got back from a week-long vacation in Cape May and doubled my life list (not that impressive, but I'm still a novice and I'm at about 110 now).

My most recent spot was two black-crowned night herons.

Hi Sir William, Just came across this post. Where were you exactly in Cape May. I was there a few weeks ago (at Hawk Watch) but only saw 3 different birds around. Maybe you could tell me some better spots there. Thanks!

Three different lifers or three different birds total? I know it can't be the latter!

I ended up hitting all the major spots. Woke up super early one morning and went to Higbee Beach. Spent a few days at Cape May Point State Park walking the boardwalks (saw a Tri-Colored heron, Little Blue heron, and of course the usual Great Blue/Snowy/Great). Took a trip up to Stone Harbor (20 minutes north of Cape May) and walked around. Saw some Sanderlings and other shorebirds. I'd love to get down there in the fall...maybe next year!

Actually both (lifer & different).

I used to live in Stone Harbor many years ago. Unfortunately I wasn't into bird watching then. I'm only about 1 1/2 hours from there now and I'd love to make a few trips down to see what I could get pics of. Thanks for the info!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back