• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden List 2011 (1 Viewer)

Hi Joanne,

I'm sure 'Nordic Jackdaw' is a subsp. I've seen a couple of these from my garden, too.

Out this morning to hear a yaffle of a

57 : Green woodpecker

I also heard some geese - but didn't see 'em.

Must be their season.

Definitely; a pair is a great sighting for me on my home patch. Raven are a relatively recent breeding specie in Sussex.......... but expanding pretty strongly. They breed to the South of me and more recently to the north. It would be really exciting to have a breeding pair but they are probably a young pair and just prospecting now that love is in the air...........time will tell.

Last edited:
Looked at the sky this morning (bright for a change) and remarked to my wife that it could be a good day today!.then two minutes later from out of the Ivy, popped a Firecrest!... My last one being in the garden December '09.

ps..might spend more time at the window today...as a one hour slog through the muddy forest yesterday produced nowt!

This is my list! Please take in i live in a urban area.

Blackbird
starling
house sparrow
coal tit
blue tit
great tit
robin
goldfinch
collard dove
wood pigeon
Common Gull (Fly over)
Dunnock.

Pretty good

Looked at the sky this morning (bright for a change) and remarked to my wife that it could be a good day today!.then two minutes later from out of the Ivy, popped a Firecrest!... My last one being in the garden December '09.

ps..might spend more time at the window today...as a one hour slog through the muddy forest yesterday produced nowt!

50) Marsh Tit

You two are certainly getting quality birds!

Despite very strong winds nothing new flew over my garden today. 15 Waxwings in the village didn't come my way either.

You two are certainly getting quality birds!

Despite very strong winds nothing new flew over my garden today. 15 Waxwings in the village didn't come my way either.

Likewise I've had c20 apples impaled on my pyracanthea (if that's how you spell it?) since the Waxwing invasion..and have dipped 4 times on the flock that has occured locally...but alas! no Waxwings on the apples!

So far this year 24 recorded species in the garden, and 18 flyovers, highlights in ascending order of diminishing occurence..Goldcrest, Little Egret,
Green Woodpecker, Buzzard, Goshawk, Firecrest, Blackcap,
Reed Bunting...and no House Sparrow!

Snap! The blutits and robins like them though.

Blue Tits, Blackbird, and 2 single visits of male and female Blackcap respectively! are my only customers on the apples!...Robin on the Birdfeeder..but not on the apples! ;)

Spring must be on it's way! I recorded my first garden wren this year...and it was singing! making it (apart from Robin) my first singing bird...that and a zapping through
R N Parakeet puts me on 25 in and 19 out!...Still no Song Thrush or House Sparrow!

45) Merlin!

Only my second house record and a real stroke of luck, was woken up at 8am by a noisy flock of Pink Footed Geese going over so got up to look out the window and the Merlin swooped up out of the fields after a Starling flock!

46) Teal
47) Snipe
48) Curlew

A bird of prey must have flushed all the birds off the river wyre as large flocks went up and I managed to add the above species to my yearlist.

I have afew for this year, can I join in?
60 in total, the same this year.
Highlights Yellowhammer, Brambling, Nuthatch, Treecreeper and Great Spotted Woodpecker

I have afew for this year, can I join in?
60 in total, the same this year.
Highlights Yellowhammer, Brambling, Nuthatch, Treecreeper and Great Spotted Woodpecker

Of course. I know Halftwo is away and won't be on the board for a couple of weeks but I'm sure he'd be pleased to have another Garden Lister on board.

Good total so far!

45) Merlin!

Only my second house record and a real stroke of luck, was woken up at 8am by a noisy flock of Pink Footed Geese going over so got up to look out the window and the Merlin swooped up out of the fields after a Starling flock!

46) Teal
47) Snipe
48) Curlew

A bird of prey must have flushed all the birds off the river wyre as large flocks went up and I managed to add the above species to my yearlist.

An impressive list there Jonny!! Must have been a Merlin day yesterday, I had two birds while out birding.

CB

Heard my first singing Song Thrush (from the house..this year) on Wed. also my first singing Blackbird on Thursday + my first Fieldfare (again from the house this year.)..that equates to 25 in! and 20 out!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back