• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Neoprene camouflage (1 Viewer)

FernandoBatista

Don't know if this is the place to ask this, but can't find a better one.

I want to buy neoprene sheets with camouflage patterns that I can cut to fit some of my gear.

Is there any place on the web that I can find this?

Thank you
Fernando

FernandoBatista said:
Don't know if this is the place to ask this, but can't find a better one.
I want to buy neoprene sheets with camouflage patterns that I can cut to fit some of my gear.
Is there any place on the web that I can find this?
Thank you
Fernando

Hello Fernando,
I'm interested as well in the same kind of stuff ... please let me know of your findings as I will do with mine.
Thanks,
Max

FernandoBatista said:
I sure will.
Thank you.
Fernando

Hello Fernando,
I've just received a mail from a US manufacturer: 1 square metre of a 3mm Marsh Green camo neoprene sheet will cost ca. 40$ (good news); plus shipping to Italy will be total 75$ (bad news) ... they are very kind and ready to send a sample. If it's ok, we could share shipping costs ... what's you opinion? Will 3mm be too much? I'll keep on searching and let you know.
Cheers,
Max

Last edited:
gmax said:
Hello Fernando,
I've just received a mail from a US manufacturer: 1 square metre of a 3mm Marsh Green camo neoprene sheet will cost ca. 40$ (good news); plus shipping to Italy will be total 75$ (bad news) ... they are very kind and ready to send a sample. If it's ok, we could share shipping costs ... what's you opinion? Will 3mm be too much? I'll keep on searching and let you know.
Cheers,
Max

Thanks for update Max.

I think 3mm is about as good as it gets, less than that and it will be to fragile to work with or to protect anything.
40$ is a nice price but ... 75$ for shipping? How much does it weight? 30Kg? It's way too much for such an item. What kind of shipment will they be using?

Altogether at the current rate and considering customs (21%VAT in Portugal) it will make for a grand total of +-120€ at least.

It seems a lot for a such an item, no?

Sharing shipping costs would be nice, I'd go for that if possible, but how will we do that?

FernandoBatista said:
Thanks for update Max.

I think 3mm is about as good as it gets, less than that and it will be to fragile to work with or to protect anything.
40$ is a nice price but ... 75$ for shipping? How much does it weight? 30Kg? It's way too much for such an item. What kind of shipment will they be using?
Altogether at the current rate and considering customs (21%VAT in Portugal) it will make for a grand total of +-120€ at least.
It seems a lot for a such an item, no?
Sharing shipping costs would be nice, I'd go for that if possible, but how will we do that?

Hi Fernando,
I didn't state it clearly, 75$ (dollars) is the total amount comprising shipping for 1 square mt.; I was just wondering whether having it shipped together (2x 1mt sheets) at the same address in Europe, and then 1 item re-shipped within EU, perhaps it would be quite affordable ...

e.g. 2x 1sm sheets + shipping = roughly 120$ + customs (ca. 25% = VAT+duties) = 150 $ = ca. 120 €
120€ / 2 = 60€ + EU shipping (ca. 10€) = ca. 70€

or is it just too complicated? Better doing it on our own?

In any case, early next week I'm going to ask them to send me a sample, then I'll let you know ... if something better pops up, get in touch
Cheers,
Max

gmax said:
Hi Fernando,
I didn't state it clearly, 75$ (dollars) is the total amount comprising shipping for 1 square mt.; I was just wondering whether having it shipped together (2x 1mt sheets) at the same address in Europe, and then 1 item re-shipped within EU, perhaps it would be quite affordable ...

e.g. 2x 1sm sheets + shipping = roughly 120$ + customs (ca. 25% = VAT+duties) = 150 $ = ca. 120 €
120€ / 2 = 60€ + EU shipping (ca. 10€) = ca. 70€

or is it just too complicated? Better doing it on our own?

In any case, early next week I'm going to ask them to send me a sample, then I'll let you know ... if something better pops up, get in touch
Cheers,
Max

Ohh...ok, so I misunderstood you. That sounds much better, 70€, I can live with that.

About combine shipping it wont save that much I think, it the price is 75$ or 60€, then even if the customs is more 30% that makes 78€, that's only 8€ savings. Is it worth the trouble of reshiping the package? Probably not.

Anyway we can decide that latter, first I'd like to take a look at the sample, please show me a few pics of the sample when you receive it ok?

Thanks again,
Fernando

P.S. I also sent an email last night to realtree.com (the owners of realtree patern) as they have a list of everyone who sells products with their pattern, maybe there's someone else selling this. I'll let you know when they reply.

Jeremy said:
I bought some neoprene covers for lens hoods from www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk . I trimmed them to fit my Sigma 500mm f/4.5, and they work quite well.

Thank you Jeremy, aparently they make it with custom measures too, that's awesome. I only have to give the scope lenght and diameter and they take care of everything without DIY stuff.

Jeremy said:
P.S. - Go easy on us in the upcoming World Cup quarter-final! |:d|

I only hope it's a more civilized match than the one with Netherlands, that was a bit...hmm...ackward. :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back