• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Accessories for Ultravid 8x32 HD+ (1 Viewer)

mhasman

United States
I received my Ultravid 8x32 HD+ last week, very happy with it. Amazing binoculars! I would appreciate suggestions about some accessories.

- Case. Before considering Ultravid, I purchased Trinovid 8x32, returned. Ultravid comes with nice "hard" case, but I like the design, quality and compactness of Trinovid's neoprene case. Any recommendations of some similar neoprene case, please? Or - should I order Trinovid neoprene case? Wonder if it is tight enough for smaller Ultravid. Also, I can't find it available.

- Leather strap. Anybody has small binoculars sitting on simple leather neck straps, about 1/2-inch wide? Like "CANPIS Leather Neck Strap" on Amazon.

- Trypod/monopod mount. Please recommend some small, compact solution.

Thanks!

Op/tech makes two sizes of bin cases. I love neoprene for all sorts of things but not bins, as I want something more rigid protecting the objectives, but if you use objective covers this may not be a problem.
A leather strap makes no sense on a waterproof bin. My go-to simple nylon strap is Nikon AN-4B.
Several models of "universal" tripod mount are available with a rubber strap. Mine is made by Bog-pod. None will look "compact" on a 32mm.

Last edited:
I received my Ultravid 8x32 HD+ last week, very happy with it. Amazing binoculars! I would appreciate suggestions about some accessories.

- Case. Before considering Ultravid, I purchased Trinovid 8x32, returned. Ultravid comes with nice "hard" case, but I like the design, quality and compactness of Trinovid's neoprene case. Any recommendations of some similar neoprene case, please? Or - should I order Trinovid neoprene case? Wonder if it is tight enough for smaller Ultravid. Also, I can't find it available.

- Leather strap. Anybody has small binoculars sitting on simple leather neck straps, about 1/2-inch wide? Like "CANPIS Leather Neck Strap" on Amazon.

Thanks!
Lovely bino's. Enjoy...

Re case: I would contact Leica (they're in NJ) by phone and just tell them which case you want to purchase.

Re strap: a long time ago, leather Leica straps were standard and they worked fine. They prob do still make them for the M-series cameras (another thing to ask when you call). That said, the weight of bins and the typical 'outdoor' use, mean that few people would want to go that way. There are some (Vero Vellini is one I think?) companies that make wide, hybrid straps with some leather bits, if you just want something 'classier' for yours.

Re Tripod mount: I have never used one (more typical for hunters?) but Leica in fact makes a 'platform' type: Leica Stabilite Binocular Tripod Adapter 42220 Color: Black, Finish: Matt, Weight: 2 oz, w/ Free S&H
Also there's this: Bino Clamp | Aziak Equipment which I've read good things about. But I have no experience with either, so be sure to do your homework ;-)

Thanks!
These are some great binos! Congratulations.

The Aziak Clamp that MiddleRiver mentions is probably as compact as it gets. I use a larger size for 42mm binos and think it's great. The Leica adapter is fairly lightweight but not the best option for shortish binoculars like the UV x32. Same is true of the otherwise great snapzoom adapter.

There is a great German made retro leather strap that I used on a Retrovid: Fernglasriemen im Retrostil | eBay

As for the case, I think the Trinovid case is useless. So, I can't recommend anything of that kind. I'm all right with the regular Ultravid case and if I need a bit more padding I use the one that came with the Kowa 8x33.

My go-to simple nylon strap is Nikon AN-4B
Thank you for recommendation!
I've got Nikon AN-4B, and it is great nylon strap. Right what I needed - lightweight, simple construction, durable and quality material. Almost invisible around Ultravid 8x32 HD+, comfortable at my neck. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back